Frequently asked questions
Framing is so important. It adds a quality of life and visual interest. Frames also have an important role in tying the artwork in with the decor and aesthetic of your home. The right frame distinguishes the artwork while also protecting it: it should interact with the feel of your space without overwhelming the print contained within.
Here are my go to options for framing:
1. Local frame shops can offer many different price options depending on the type of frame etc. They know what they're doing and It is well worth it in the long run not only for protecting your artwork but also for best displaying the print in your space.
2. Treasure hunt at your local thrift shops for well-made and unique frames and then either get supplies from your local art store to customize, or have a local frame shop finish it off for you.
Here's a great article with lots of information on this option.
3. Buy a frame from your home goods store of choice (pottery barn/target etc etc) and then order custom matting (or pick up at frame shop) if the dimensions are a little off!
3. I like this website for custom online framing: level frames (you can either send the artwork in to get framed or order a custom frame and then insert the print yourself)
4. Cheapest option: magnetic frame hanger like this
For reference, All prints (unless specified) come with a 1" additional white border. The extra white border can be slipped under a matting so that none of the print gets obscured in the framing process.
For example, an 18" x 24" print has a 1" border making the total dimensions 20" x 26". You would want a frame size of 20" x 26" or larger with a matte opening of 18" x 24".
Here are a few more resources:
Shipping rates are arranged by print price:
Small: (under $75) -$8
Medium: ($75–$199) - $12
Large ($200+) - $16
*International rates vary by country
It takes 3-5 business days to prepare your order and 3-5 business days for shipping time. Please note that during busy times (holiday season for example), prep times may increase by a few extra days.
Every once in a while, prints get damaged in the mail. In this event, please send photos of the damage and make sure to reach out within 30 days of receiving your print. A replacement will be issued right away.
If you are unhappy with your print for any reason, do not hesitate to reach out! Returns are offered on a case by case basis.
All prints come with an additional 1" border (unless specified). The purpose of the 1" border is to slip under matting in the framing process without obscuring any part of the image.
* For example, a 10" x 12" print will have total dimensions of 12" x 14"
If you'd like to order your print without the additional border, please reach out before placing your order and I can accommodate.